2.25 lbs Dayton axe head outfitted with a 28″ curved hickory handle. Popularly referred to as a “boy’s” axe. A “mid” sized tool. Dayton pattern originated from the Dayton, Ohio, area.
- Head made from forged tool steel
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting
- Designed to exceed ANSI standards–edge is Rc 48-55 in hardness at 1.25″ back from cutting edge (the poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in their forged condition)
- Sport Utility Finish: head coated with boiled Linseed Oil over the forged finish
- American hickory handle, eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a traditional double wedge system
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond–approximately 1/4″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly