Velvicut Hudson Bay Belt Hatchet w/ 14" Handle
The Velvicut Hudson Bay Belt Hatchet comes in two configurations:
Full Sheath: A bridle leather full sheath featuring a belt slit and D-ring for secure fastening.
Leather Mask: A bridle leather snap on mask. Both, the premium leather mask & the premium full sheath, protects the tool and user with the Council Tool embossed logo.
Free shipping with any order over $99.
- Head will last a lifetime, guaranteed.
- Lightweight head with a generous bit width.
- The “Council” makers mark is displayed on one side of the head, and the other is proudly marked “USA”.
- Bit is heat treated and quenched approximately 1″ inch from the cutting edge, then tempered for maximum edge holding and toughness.
- Handle is made of grade “A” American hickory and its traditional pattern embodies the heirloom quality of axes from times gone by.
- Forged axe head is hung in a traditional manner using a softwood wedge along with a steel wedge for added security.
- Axe head is coated with light oil to prevent rusting and to showcase the exceptional Council Tool craftsmanship.
- A Linseed oil coating is applied to protect the handle.
- Swooped toe is also useful for carving.
- Perfect size to carry on the belt or rucksack.
After it is drop forged, the axe head is rough ground in a state-of-the-art robotic work cell. Then the hand work begins: an experienced artisan sharpens the cutting edge using increasingly fine abrasives. Relative to other patterns, the Hudson Bay has a very short eye length. This reduces the contact area between the head and handle, which can lead to looseness. Next, the eye is pierced with a special punch forming ribs horizontally and vertically inside the eye. This creates more contact area and bite between the head to handle joint. The result? A stronger and more durable tool.
Made in the USA.