- Knife Type: Folding
Kershaw decided to go blue sky on this one. Literally. The durable and scratch-resistant PVD coating on the Outright is bright blue—and the color is definitely the first thing that you will notice about this attractive pocket knife.
But there's a lot more to the Outright. Its upswept blade makes it an excellent slicer, while the 8Cr13MoV blade steel ensures good edge retention, strength, and hardness. The Outright's handle is matching blue PVD-coated steel with a sturdy frame lock. For additional style and enhanced grip, the handle has an overlay of black G10.
At nearly five ounces, the all-stainless-steel Seguin feels solid in-hand. It opens with authority thanks to Kershaw's SpeedSafe assisted opening and a substantial flipper. Added jimping on the flipper gives it additional "tooth" so it's even easier to open your knife. The Seguin's 3.1" blade is a perfect, mid-sized option for a full range of cutting tasks. The 8Cr13MoV blade steel takes a mean edge and is easy to re-sharpen while the gray PVD coating enhances hardness and protects the blade.
The durable stainless steel handle stands up to just about any working condition—hot, cold, wet, or dry. Les even included his characteristic index finger contour for greater blade control. But it's the handle's heavily machined texture that immediately gets attention.
- Blade Length: 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.156 in. (0.396 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.8 in. (12.2 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.3 in. (21.1 cm)
- KVT ball-bearing opening system
- Reversible deep-carry clip (left/right, tip-up)
- Frame lock, lockbar stabilizer
- Steel: CPM-20CV, stonewashed flats, machine-satin grinds, flat grind
- Handle: Titanium, stonewashed finish
- Weight: 5.3 oz. (152 g)
- Made in the USA