For the first time ever, Benchmade's best selling AXIS lock gets a boost. These spring assisted models combine speed, strength, and most importantly function in one complete package.
Strongest Assist Locking Mechanism on the Market
Safety for Both Opened and Closed Position
154CM: An American made premium grade stainless steel originally developed for tough industrial applications. Known for its best all-around qualities, it offers great corrosion resistance with good toughness and edge quality.
AXIS® A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction.
The original AXIS Assist now with G10. Gray G10 enhances the look and feel and upgraded blade steel offers enhanced edge performance. The same awesome mechanism with a great look and feel and a performance upgrade. The 2.91" CPM-S30V drop point blade is an American-made and developed premium grade stainless steel created especially for knives. It is a powder-made steel with a uniform carbide distribution and clean steel properties.
This evolution of the AXIS includes a spring that helps to fire the blade into the open position once the user pushes it beyond a certain point manually. The AXIS lock also has the added benefit of "suck-back," which encourages the blade to stay in the closed position. AXIS Assist knives also feature integrated safety lock systems.
The Boost adds another excellent option to Benchmade's popular AXIS assisted opening knives. The dual durometer handles greatly increase grip performance while maintaining strength on this fact-action assist. It's a feature laden knife without the exorbitant price tag.
AXIS Assist with integrated safety
Drop point blade
CPM-S30V stainless steel blade (58-60HRC)
Dark gray Grivory and black overmolded Versaflex handles
Reversible tip-up deep-carry pocket clip
For the first time ever, Benchmade's best selling AXIS lock gets a boost. These spring assisted models combine speed and strength in one complete package.
A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it’s inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- Flipper: The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Sub-Frame Lock: One side of a lightweight handle, or frame, is fitted with a steel plate integral to the frame; it is the part of the frame that moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. Sub-Frame Lock knives can be larger and lighter knife yet with an extremely secure lock.
- Reversible: Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
Frame Lock b - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
4-Position -The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Single Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
The mini version of the popular Boost adds another excellent option to Benchmade's AXIS-assisted opening knives. It features the same dual durometer handles as its full-size brother that greatly increase grip performance while maintaining strength. It also incorporates a mini deep-carry pocket clip and the reliable, fast-action AXIS-Assist mechanism which makes this a top-notch EDC performer.
- AXIS-Assist with integrated safety
- CPM-S30V stainless steel drop point blade (58-60HRC)
- Dark gray Grivory and black overmolded Versaflex handles
- Reversible tip-up deep-carry pocket clip
$212.50Heavily milled G10 scales, stainless steel liners, and expressive styling take the 495 Vector AXIS-Assist flipper in an entirely different direction. Sized like a tactical blade with a feeling in the hand of a true EDC tool, the Vector can and will do everything you ask of it.
The high-carbon blade steel offers good edge retention and excellent corrosion resistance. The bead-blasted finish is easy to maintain. For safety, the Chive has two locking systems. The frame lock secures the blade open so it can't accidentally close during use. And to ensure that it won’t accidentally open during transport, the Chive is also equipped with a Tip-Lock slider to lock the blade closed when folded. In pure stainless steel, both blade and handle are easy to clean and maintain.
With its less-than-two-inch blade, the Chive is a small knife, which makes it perfect for pocket, pack, purse, or briefcase carry. The Chive is perfect for just about any cutting task you'd care to ask it to do -- from opening packages to breaking down cardboard boxes.